Operating currency exchange or remittance service requires licence


Under Hong Kong law, any person operating a currency exchange or remittance service in Hong Kong, whether in the form of a shop, through the Internet, at an office or at home, or by any other means, is required to obtain a licence from the Commissioner of Customs and Excise. Visit the Customs and Excise Department website for licensed operators' information. You can report illegal operators to the department by e-mail or post or by calling the Customs Hotline on 2545 6182.

Source: http://www.isd.gov.hk/eng/tvapi/12_cq21.html